Sunday, April 27, 2008

The End of the Semester


As I mentioned earlier, this semester has really flown by. However, I still have so much work to finish up before I can finally be done with my junior year of college. This has definitely been the toughest and busiest semester yet for me with 19 credits and capstone class. I have about 4 more big projects that need to be finished, and then I can start preparing for my summer internship.

The first project, that will probably take the most time, is my documentary for my mass communication class. We were put into groups of 5 and assigned to create a 5-minute documentary about a person who has made a difference. My group has been working on this since February and all that's left is some editing, which I enjoy doing anyway. Our documentary is about a woman who runs a food pantry in New Castle. Once it's finished, I think it'll turn out great!

The second project I'm working on is my literature review for my capstone class. The review is to focus on research for our senior projects, and since I have finally determined my project I have been able to work on my research review the last few weeks. My research involves Public Service Announcements and regular television commercials, and what the differences are when producing the two different types of spots. For my overall senior project, I'll be creating these two different types of commercials for two different clients.

The third project that is only a few days away is a presentation on water quality in my environmental science class. This class is definitely not my forte, but I've been doing pretty well so far, and I'm hoping in the next few weeks with all the labs, presentations, and tests that I'll be able to keep up with this class.

Finally other projects that I have to finish up involve commercials for my commercial production class, labs and a final in my environmental science class, and a final in my public relations research class. All in all, this semester has been extremely busy with all the classes I am taking, and I will feel very accomplished once I do finish up all my projects, tests, and presentations. Once I do complete this semester I'll then be able to focus on my internship at WKBN, which I am very excited about, but haven't had much time to think about!

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Don't forget you'll need to check in with Mr. Chirozzi, Mr. Corso and Dr. Barner about your capstone project proposal. You'll need their feedback and blessing.