Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Andy on the Air

When I was a freshman I looked up to the seniors so much and was so impressed with their knowledge and how dedicated they were to the major. The funny thing is, now 3 years later, I look at some of the underclassman and think the same thing. However, I feel that one person in particular has the potential to really shine.

When my sophomore year started, Andy Borts was one of the freshman broadcasters that I noticed right away. He was so excited to jump right in and get started. Coming in to college he already had a background in radio and DJing, but he's always up to learning something new. Not only is he very talented, but he also has a great personality. I don't think I've ever seen Andy in a bad mood. He always has a positive, upbeat attitude that puts a smile on everyone's face.

At the end of his freshman year I remember that he was voted by the broadcast majors as the "Most Valuable Freshman," which I agree with. Andy has really stepped it up and taken on a lot of responsibilities. He's currently our Music Director at Titan Radio as well as on-air talent. Even though Andy has a strong background in radio I really admire him for experiencing all aspects of broadcasting. He's done announcing for football games, reporting for the County Line, and he's currently the host for Coach's Corner.

Not only is Andy great at what he does, but he's also great at encouraging others. Whether it's upperclassman or freshman, Andy is always willing to lend a hand. Another thing I notice about Andy is he's very dedicated and he takes his responsibilities seriously. For example, last month, Amanda and I were in the radio station to do our Thursday morning talkshow. However, to our surprise their was no sound coming from the board or over the radio. We didn't know what was wrong so we called Andy to see if he had any idea. At 7 in the morning Andy came right over to the radio station (even though he was sleeping) to try and fix the problem.

Overall, I think Andy will really go far with his talent and personality. He's always striving to get better at what he does and I really admire that. As long as he keeps doing what he's doing, I think next year Andy will definitely be one of the seniors that the freshman look up to!

No comments: