Saturday, March 29, 2008

One Step at a Time...

So I had my interview this week at WKBN and it went really well! The lady who discussed the internship with me was a Grove City graduate and actually interned there herself before she recieved a job. It was great to talk with someone who knew what I was going through and she had a lot of great advice for me as well. First she showed me around the building and then we talked in her office. After she finished up telling me about the internship and answering any questions that I had, she offered me an internship!

I recently emailed her to let her know that I would gladly like to intern at WKBN. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm not sure what I want to do or where I want to go after college, but I'm hoping this internship will really give me a good idea and drive me in the right direction. I was told during my interview that I would be able to try all kinds of differents things such as going out with VJ's, editing, or working with promotions. I'm excited to get the chance to work in a professional atmosphere and network with people who have been working in the business for years.

Now that I have an internship all figured out, my next step is to figure out my senior capstone project. Mr. Weaver is having us make a calendar which will keep track of everything that we will be working on from here on out. I think this is a good idea, especially for someone like me. At times I tend to be quite a procrastinator, however I always make sure I get things done, even if it is the night before. For my senior project though, I really need to make sure I'm on top of things and work on things in a consistent and timely manner so I can get everything done and not be stressed out.

I've recently been brainstorming to try and come up with different ideas for my project and right now I have one idea at the top of my list. Since I also really enjoy doing Public Relations, I want to somehow incorporate it into my senior project. I feel that the best way to do this would be to do an advertising campaign where I can use my PR skills to create the campaign and then use my broadcasting skills to create radio and television advertisements to go along with the campaign. For right now I'm going to keep thinking.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Wow- your group is really stepping up to the internship plate.