Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Internship Search

The search for my perfect internship has begun! I have been working on my resume and have been constantly searching online to see what types of internships I can find for this summer. I'm really not sure of what I want to do once I graduate college, but I'm hoping that by having an internship I will learn more about the business, be able to try new and different things, and then be able to go from there. What I do know is that I would prefer to work in television, but I understand that in order to get to television I may have to start out in radio. I enjoy radio, but I feel that there are more opportunities in television and I can better utilize my skills. College has really helped me to grow in the field of broadcasting. I feel that with the knowledge I have I will be prepared for whatever internship I find, whether it's radio, television, or news. Today our assignment for Capstone is to attend the internship fair being held here at the college. We are to take our resumes and try and network with the different companies or organizations that will be there. Two of the companies that I plan on talking to today will be WKBN and Disney. It should be interesting to see what types of internships are available...

No comments: