Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thoughts on My Senior Project

This week in Capstone we discussed our senior projects. Some students in the class are set on what they would like to do while others, like me, are still trying to figure it all out. Our senior projects should reflect what we would like to do once we graduate college, but I'm still not positive of what I want to do. In class Mr. Weaver had us brainstorm in order to come up with different ideas for our projects.

Some ideas I came up with were commercials and advertising. During my sophomore year I took a Public Relations class which I really enjoyed and did well in. That's when I decided to add my PR minor. It's neat how much broadcasting and PR relate to one another and how I can use my broadcast skills in PR and my PR skills in broadcasting. I'm the type of person who likes to be creative, use my skills, put something together, and then present it. I would rather work on a project than study for a test any day.

Thanks to the brainstorming in class I now have an idea of where I would like to go with my senior project. I'm hoping to be able to do something that will require my skills in both broadcasting and PR. One idea I have in mind at the moment is to create an advertising campaign and produce both radio and television commercials. This will allow me to not only use my knowledge in PR but also my creativity in broadcasting. Other goals I would like to accomplish during Capstone is to make more connections in both the PR and broadcasting world, work on my resume, and find an internship. Every time I think about everything that I need to accomplish I become stressed out, but Mr. Weaver has assigned us to work on a calendar of all the events and things we need to be doing during the semester. By doing this I'll be able to time manage everything and hopefully be a little less stressed!

No comments: